Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Freddie Fresh Legs

Since Challenge Wanaka I had the first week pretty cruisy, as even though my legs were not that sore after having a long walk home the immune system needs a little rest.
So these past few days I have had good legs, freddie fresh to be exact, like they have been on taper again. But I am sure the feeling will not last to much longer :)  

I am in the process of finalising my race schedule this year, but Ironman New Zealand then Ironman Brazil are next up. My twin brother Bevan is marrying his Brazilan girlfriend the week before IM so that works in well. It will be my second time to South America, my last time was to visit Dad when he was working in Equador, so I got to have a look around Equador and a little bit of Colombia.

The highlight of that trip was buying a old school Balsa wood surfboard, getting access into the local point break which was inside a Army base! and then the surfing with no wetsuit, only boardshorts, good times...
My surfboard was worse for wear when I got home though, the US customs had decided to drill about 5 small pencil diameter holes through it to check if I was importing cocaine to NZ, I wasnt impressed.
I only realised what the holes were from when I was watching a Border Security program a few months later, and it showed them drilling holes in Timber products (they didnt tell me they drilled it, I got home, unwrapped my board to find these holes for the first time!)

Time to work the legs over
K

No comments: