Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Noumea International Triathlon

This saturday I am off with Ogrady to a race in Noumea on Sunday, a olympic distance triathlon which should put some speed into the legs. Its perfect timing coming 3 weeks out from Ironman Brasil, in a hot climate with a strong field predicted. Thanks to Graham Park for organising the trip for me and GOG.

The training has been ticking along, I have been doing some acclimatisation training on the indoor erg and dressing up super warm for some run and bike sessions outdoors. I haven't raced since Ironman New Zealand which is nearly 8 weeks ago, so it will be good to feel some adrenalin and race day nerves... Otherwise its training as usual, building on the week before, and the week before that and making sure all the systems are trained in each training cycle.

Once I get to Brazil it will be all on for a couple of months, with a trip home for a couple of weeks then off to Europe for Challenge Roth and Challenge Copenhagen.

I also just had a interview with Brazilian Magazine Mundotri, you can check out the article here, page 33

1 comment:

Gia said...

Verry nice post